Pages

We March

Sunday 22 January 2017

"The question is not if we will be extremists,
but what kind of extremists we will be. Will we be extremists for hate or love."

I choose love.
 I choose protecting the rights of those who fall outside the box
of white men in American.
I choose letting women make the the best choice for their lives and their bodies.
I choose protecting our national parks, water supply, and mother earth.
I choose transparency, democracy, and honoring our Constitution.
I choose the truth.
I reject distorted lies, political spin, and obfuscation.
I'm appalled and deeply saddened this technique has innocculated
a large swath of population from identifying the facts.

Marching in DC was one of the most impactful experiences of my life.
I was profoundly moved by the community bond.
Pink pussy hats bobbed on metro platforms,
 and in grocery store isles before congregating on Independence avenue for the march.
A twenty minute metro ride took two hours because that's what happens when a million
people are headed to the same location.
Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forward.
Our journey became part of our march story
as did our slender depends, a suggestion Mad Whip read about in a NY magazine article.
Padlocked porta potties,
Trump's gift to The Women's March,
resulted in painfully long lines.
Depends saved the day.

The pulsing heartbeat of the crowd
kickstarted a feeling deep in my core that had been dormant since November 8th;
hope.
 A revolution is brewing.  I feel it vibrating in my bones.
I fear it may not always be peaceful, 
but pretending it's not happening won't stop it.
I choose to participate, to be on the right side of history,
TO RESIST.















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS